Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer Blog Hiatus Over. Back to business!

It's been quite busy and very hot around the studio this summer with lots of new product testing, the development of new kits, and the excitement of a lightning strike in 90 degree studio temps. Firing glass in the summer heat is super hot work.

My daughter spent a week at a super YMCA camp where she got to eat sleep and breathe horses with a bunch of like-minded young girls. What fun! I remember those days well, and it was a rewarding experience for me, too, just knowing she was having a wonderful time creating life-long memories. This of course meant lots of intersate driving on my part, which was time I could reflect upon creative goals I'd like to reach.



I did find time to update the projects page on the website with a few completed tutorials. On this page you'll find the tutorial for making ribbon necklaces. Using compnonents small enough, you can make these to fit through the small Aanraku style bails.



You'll also find my tutorial on decorating dog tags. The tutorial uses Glamour Glaze, though Luxe Doming resin makes a nice durable alternative.



The tutorial for the Glass Bottle Cap kit is also online. The kit can be found at both www.anniehowes.com and my shop on Etsy.

More updates coming soon. I really wanted to be sure I remembered how to use this thing. :o)

2 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to explore and find all the wonderful things you've created over the summer.
xoxo
Donna

Bonhomie said...

Welcome back! Love those dog tags - they're adorable!!! I never would have thought of that.