Saturday, November 15, 2008

Angus Gets A Sweater, or Three. And Knitting is Magic.


I know what you all are thinking, I'm one of those girly-girls who has a tiny little ankle-biter so she can dress it up in cute little frou-frou pet clothing. Well, that's only partly true. Angus is a toy Rat Terrier (a.k.a. Rat Terror) who needs a sweater. He's only hairy on one side and the other side, his underside, needs a sweater in the cooler months. According to Mr. Howes, Angus needs booties and "ear mutts", too, but he'd chew the booties off and I don't know anyone who makes ear muffs for dogs.

I spent a couple of weeks checking out various shops on Etsy. Yes, Walmart carries reasonably priced sweaters for small dogs and I did buy one for Angus in moss green, but I can't help thinking how armadillo-ish it makes him appear. Not cute. But my search on Etsy for the perfect handmade knit sweater was successful and Angus now has 3 beautiful sweaters.

The first sweater he received was this cute skull and crossbones grey and cream acrylic hand knit sweater from Knick Knack Pack on Etsy. It was a pleasure to do business with Lex of Knick Knack Pack. I even got to choose the colors from her broad selection of yarns, and she whipped it up in no time. Knitting is like magic to me, I have no idea how a pattern can be knit into a sweater. I don't think they knit with needles, I think those are magic wands and when no one is looking they wave them and the sweater magically appears from thin air. To me that's more plausible. Really. How did she get that skull and crossbones in the sweater? I'm telling you, it's magic.

4 comments:

oldprof said...

Very cute entry--I'm glad I prodded you to update your blog :)

Scarlett said...

As a chihuahua owner, I learned to knit because I wanted to make sweaters.....seriously. Okay, that was not the only reason, but the primary. Yours is awesome. Thanks for betwittering-friending me.

Rosebud Collection said...

What a cute picture..bet he is warm.

Bosphorus Glass said...

You are absolutely right Annie.
As a beginner knitter I think those people who can put those patterns into knitting are doing something magical. It seems imposibble to me but I'll keep trying. He looks so cute and warm in that lovely sweater. :)